Saturday, May 23, 2015

Imperial beach for Alina's birthday


 




 
Anyone that knows me well, knows that I hate sand. So, I'm not really a fan of the beach. Of course, I think the scenery is beautiful to look at, but I just don't like dealing with sand. It gets everywhere! But now I have my baby powder to ease some of my worries. Sprinkle that stuff on their feet and the sand comes off. Thank you to the makers of baby powder!!!
 
So anyways, the reason for this post...Micah was invited to his friend Alina's birthday party at Imperial Beach. He's known her since Kinder. She and her family are super sweet. He really wanted to go and begged me to take him. Roel couldn't take them because he had homework. So that left me taking them, I was ecstatic.
 
As always, the kids had a blast playing in the sand. Then they asked me to take them near the water so they could get their feet wet. But there were millions of little blue things along the shore. I looked it up on my phone. Apparently, every 3-6 years, millions of blue jellyfish called Vellela, wash up on the west coast while trying to eat plankton. The white clear thing acts like a sail. They instantly die, but the rule is not to touch them because the chemicals on them can still affect people with sensitive skin. Interesting.
 
 
We were there for 4 hours. I took a nap when we got home.