Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Time

I've been sick on and off since Christmas. From a head cold to the flu, and now with bronchitis. Roel still has a cough from pneumonia. The kids are fine, thank God.

My home is a mess, it hurts me inside, but at the same time I don't care. I do what I can right now.

And right now, my son asks for my time. Smart cookie this one. He wants to wake up early with me before I go to work to spend time with me. And then play with me before bed. I want him to sleep as much as he can in the morning, so he gets upset when I don't wake him up before I leave. His reasoning - that there's so little time together during the week because of school and homework. It's true. I see them for only 4 hours on weekdays because they get home at 4, do homework, eat, play a little and then go to bed at 8.

So I don't care right now if my place isn't as clean as I would like. I look at him and he's getting older. One day he won't ask me to play Legos anymore. That's when I'll have a super clean home. Right now he's more worth my time.


(Yes most of his home pics are in in his underwear, even in winter. I don't know why he doesn't want to wear clothes at home.)